Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Koyote Soft - Free Software

Among the lot of free software, Koyote Soft offers is a "Free Videos To DVD" piece, which allows you to put your home movies on DVD really easily (but I haven't gotten the menu option to work on my actual DVD player, I have to hit "skip" instead of "play".

Koyote Soft
Get Your Free Legal Software Groove On

They also have a free CD ripper, which will let you take tracks off of your CD for backup or your MP3 player (where legal).

If you're in need of video conversion software, while not free, you can at least test out their video conversion software in the trial, then purchase if necessary. I've used their "Free Videos To DVD" software and their "Hot Jingle Player" before, both which work great. Purchasing the Hot Jingle Player is not an option right now though, as their link is broken for that particular piece and I tried contacting them to no avail.

All-in-all, there's some great free software on the Koyote Soft website, and although I haven't yet needed a piece of their paid software yet (except the jingle player), I assume their paid software works at least as well as their free software. Great stuff.

Also, you might want to check out my post on my Graphics Blog about another free bit of software for editing photos in a browser, Picnik! It's basically a "Cool Site", but I try to keep graphics oriented things over there a bit and didn't want to double post in case you subscribe to both blogs, that way you wont get the same thing in your inbox twice.

No comments: